Today I have had a great morning on the telephone, I have:
- Called my consultants for updates and offered my advice in a couple of areas they were struggling in;
- Rang my key clients with updates (picked up a few new exclusive roles whilst doing so);
- Chased a few candidates for interview feedback and was advised to call an excellent professional who is looking for a move (MPC for next week);
- Spoken with various candidates who are all great matches for two urgent positions we are working on at the moment. One informed me of an interview he had attended recently with a client I have worked with in the past;
- Chased a lead and have secured a new training session;
- Made just six calls (to companies I have not spoken to before) on my MPC and arranged two telephone interviews.
I admit I loved every minute of it. All my calls were planned. I did not think for one minute I was making a sales call, but what did happen was I achieved results,. The calls reminded me how much I enjoy using the telephone; the results are instantaneous, not delayed waiting for a reply to an email.