Thank you for the opportunity to get a response.
I have been in the electrical industry for 23+ years, headhunting for 16+ years. I had a concurrent career as in the US Army, Colonel in the Army National Guard, and an Iraq War Veteran.
We have a small, highly effective search firm.
I’ve been reading your advice in The Fordyce Letter for 16+ years and have benefited too many times to recall. It is simply awesome.
Now to my question: When do you officially determine resignation?
Here are the facts:
- Written agreement with 90 day “replace” guarantee.
- Candidate verbally communicated intent to resign prior to 90 days and is talked off the ledge and stays.
- Candidate presents after 90 days in writing intent to resign. Candidate’s last day of work is after the 90 days.
- Company communicates to me after initial communication by candidate of intent to resign to initiate replacement search. Found replacement and hired.
- HR offers 50% payment with rationale that there is a gray area because the intent to resign (verbal) and communication to initiate replacement was prior to 90 days.
Jeff, thank you so much for once again adding value to the recruiting industry. In 16+years in the business this was a unique one and once again you came through.
Appreciate you and your expertise.
Saratoga Source, LLC
Thanks for writing – and for your service in protecting us all. If it wasn’t for people like you, people like us would be – who knows?
I’m so proud to be assisting you, and appreciate you having a laugh with me in spite of your angst. Truly, the pleasure is mine.